"Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." ~ George Bernard Shaw

It’s about love and loss


“Life throws us some curves sometimes. Not everything is a white picket fence.”
~ Tommy Kirk

My favorite TV show when I was young was The Mickey Mouse Club... not the revival... the real one with Annette and Jimmie and Cheryl and Cubbie and Karen, et al.   Actually, I was obsessed with the show, watched it religiously,  and dreamed of appearing on the Friday, Talent Round-up -- although I had no particular talent.  

I also loved it when they showed serials like The Hardy Boys and Spin and Marty.  One star of these shows was Tommy Kirk, who also was, of course, Travis in Old Yeller.   I loved Tommy Kirk, but sort of forgot about him through the years.   Some of the show's child actors went on and continued their careers in adulthood ... others simply disappeared. 

I was sad reading about Tommy Kirk's death yesterday.   Like so many child actors, he didn't initially transition to adulthood easily.   But after reading his story, I could see his life was about gratitude and hope.   He created a next chapter based on forgiveness and acceptance.  

RIP Tommy Kirk

Comments

Popular Posts