"Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." ~ George Bernard Shaw

Wallpaper

One big thing about selling one's house is trying to figure out what do with rooms covered in wallpaper.   For those who have seen my house, you know I love wallpaper -- as out of vogue and untrendy as that may be.    What can I say?   I'm a baby boomer, and like most baby boomers, I don't care what the current trend is -- I know what I like and I'm going to do it my way.

That said, I'm practical too.  I understand that most buyers want something less personalized when they buy a home.   I've already scheduled the painter to take down the sweet wallpaper in the powder room.

I'm trying to figure out a few other rooms.    

I took my stager/decorator through the house -- she thinks everything is OK except the guest bedroom.   Personally, I love the wallpaper in that room.  It's a bold periwinkle blue -- Designer Guild paper from England.   It reminds me of Van Gogh's Starry Night painting.   It feels so crisp and clean.  Her comment -- "too dark, needs to go."  

I wanted another opinion.  Yesterday I walked through my house with a real estate colleague to get her perspective.   She was OK with my bright tomato red dining room paper -- it's a gorgeous Colefax and Fowler paper.   She questioned the brownish grass paper in my foyer (sorry that one is not going anywhere).    She was OK with my white monochromatic Zoffany paper in my bedroom.  Sadly,  she also thought the periwinkle paper in the guest room needed to go as well.   

Sigh.   

I guess the wallpaper is coming down.  

Comments

Popular Posts